TEST VACANCY DESCRIPTION
Working closely with the Managing Director, Project Directors and Project Leads, the Studio Manager oversees, encourages and facilitates established studio and project processes, and assists in leading the teams through the successful delivery of our extensive design portfolio.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitor and maintain project progress. Oversee the workflow, workload, resources and utilization of team members maximising studio productivity and assign projects based on skill set, client relationships and availability.
- Provide a project support service to the project teams and Project Directors (inc. setting projects up on the relevant systems and facilitating project kick off / close out meetings and ‘Lessons learned’ as required)
- Liaise with Project Directors, Leads and teams to ensure processes are adhered to and project stage documents are maintained.
- Determine staffing needs for the company and engage in the hiring process to include interviewing and making hiring decisions.
- Report to Managing Director on project progress and quality or potential problems impacting the project profitability.
- Manage and oversee company / studio and project design / standards, processes and quality assurance.
- Prepare and lead weekly studio team meetings
- Oversee project planners, design planners, schedules & reports of project teams.
- Produce weekly progress reports and share with the necessary teams, assessing project progress versus budget.
- Manage direct reports; to include responsibility for individual assessment and team performance, training, coaching, performance management and conflict resolution.
- Attend and engage in industry events
- Facilitate and ensure the successful on boarding of any new employees
Experience & Skills Required
- Proven ability to successfully motivate and lead teams in a fast-paced, collaborative and deadline driven environment
- Previous successful and strong project coordination experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Administrative skills
- An ability to build relationships and influence decision making.
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Confident, assertive, organized and supportive leader
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Proficiency with Office 365, Excellent Microsoft Excel & Intermediate Microsoft Project skills to maintain existing processes
- Knowledge of the construction industry and the design process in overall terms of conceptual and detailed phases.
- A qualification in Interior Design/Interior Architecture would be an advantage
To apply for this role please send a Covering Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Immediate start, salary depending on experience. All submissions will be treated with the strictest of confidence, closing date for applications Friday 22nd of January