In this role you will be responsible for technically planning, scheduling, co-ordinating and overseeing all aspects of maintenance activities within your area of responsibility. This role will be the link between the different workstreams in the area relating to maintenance activities. You will be the point of contact for the individual crews assigned to those areas.
In addition, you will be responsible for controlling the maintenance work within the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and ensuring activities are carried out, recorded and ready for inspection by external and internal regulatory auditors always.
- Schedule, chair & attend meetings to ensure maintenance activities are appropriately scheduled.
- Own the planning and scheduling (where applicable) of preventive and corrective maintenance activities to ensure that all preventive & corrective maintenance activities are completed as scheduled in the CMMS to meet Maintenance metrics requirements.
- First point of contact for craft personnel to troubleshoot issues/queries on the CMMS.
- Manage craft allocation to respond to changing priorities.
- Ensure all maintenance activities are carried out in a safe, timely and compliant manner in line with the LOTO system.
- Participate in continuous improvement & lean 5S initiatives.
- Be the point of contact for safety & quality related questions from crafts.
- Be an advocate for Safety & Quality standards within the maintenance group, promoting and enforcing standards in all work completed.
- Troubleshoot maintenance issues within area of responsibility.
- Planning and documenting how work is to be completed.
- Ensuring spare parts are available & liaise with engineering stores.
- Co-ordinate the various craft disciplines and vendors to execute Maintenance activities to the highest standards & per site SOP’s.
- Ensure all work is documented appropriately.
- Updating of job plans to ensure accuracy.
- Be the technical adviser for area of responsibility and escalate issues appropriately.
- Flexibility to support other areas within the Maintenance team & participate in project and best practice initiatives within the Maintenance team.
- Investigate failures and propose solutions to prevent reoccurrence.