We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Estimator to join our Commercial Division. This full-time permanent role would be ideally suited to an individual with financial and budgetary awareness as they will be involved in the tendering of projects and securing the best prices possible through both suppliers and subcontractors.
- Review tender documentation issued by the client and drive a thorough understanding of the requirements.
- Responsible for accurately quantifying materials, plant and labour requirements for allocated projects, ensure that for pre-designed projects, enquiries relative to the supply of materials, plant and labour is satisfactorily dealt with and that relevant information, contractual and trading particulars are distributed.
- In conjunction with the Line Manager, set up the estimating process and procedures, systems and database.
- Maintain the estimating system to ensure all labour norms and prime costs are correct.
- Prepare the tender adjudication pack, to include collation and final draft, and present to senior management for sign off.
- Work with the Estimation Manager to prepare contractors proposals, forming part of the tender submission together with input into tender programmes, organisation charts, method statements etc.
- Provide a fully detailed tender, based on a performance specification and consult layout drawings for the project.
- Send out enquiries and work closely with procurement and supply chain at tender stage to ensure that tender costs are correct and competitive. Vet all sub-contractors and plant tender submissions for compliance.
- Work with the Estimation Manager to cost preliminaries based on contract duration and requirements.
- Collate all elements of the estimate in conjunction with the commercial team and put the final bid together.
- Follow up on the bids submission and manage through to contract stage, where required. This will include obtaining feedback on the pricing.
- Provide Value Engineering (VE) options and associated costs, utilising innovation and the supply chain to ensure we add value in our tender where appropriate.
- Represent the Company at site visits and meetings with clients as required.
- Act as a brand ambassador and lead the Company through its ongoing expansion.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary for the efficiency of the business.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Trade background or a technical qualification is highly desirable
- A minimum of 5 years of estimation experience in a similar role is essential
- Experience in pricing works up to €3 million is needed
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Results driven with a strong understanding of financial and budgetary control
- Strong understanding of FM/Building (Mechanical & Electrical) services an advantage
- Proven experience in a similar role