We are currently recruiting for a Skilled General Operative (with a carpentry background) to join our projects team on a contract with a key client to assist in the delivery of a mobile maintenance contract in the Dublin area. This is a full-time permanent role with the successful candidate expected to be flexible in their approach as they will be required to travel between locations and may be required to work early mornings and evenings on occasion.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This role will support both the electrical and mechanical teams through the provision of general site assistance to include both carpentry and construction works. The successful candidate will assist on a range of maintenance requests and projects while providing excellent customer service and developing the business relationship.
- Manage reactive works over multiple contracts and services while completing callouts to customers sites
- Review works to build quotations for reactive / minor project works
- Management of service reporting and issuing to customers
- Carpentry works to include 1st and 2nd fix fit out, window & door installation checks and replacements
- Flooring installation
- General plumbing replacements
- Ability to effectively read drawings and design specifications in accordance with the requirements of a project
- Organise the materials required to complete the task while liaising with suppliers on the procurement of products
- To take responsibility for vehicles, plant and materials in your charge
- Schedule additional resources where required
- Drive to meet targets, identify and implement innovations that will improve service delivery
- Ensure clear and concise communication with management as to the progress of works allocated while following instruction from site personnel.
- Follow task briefings and appropriate safe systems of work and ensure that Company policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Adapt to changing instructions as per task specifications
- Ensure that all health and safety legislation and company policies are adhered to, within own level of responsibility to include following Company processes, protocols and documentation
- Experienced Maintenance Technician, ideally with a carpentry background
- Extensive construction experience within a busy environment, minimum of 4 years
- Full Clean Driving Licence, as travel to sites within the contract may be required
- Exposure to Facilities Management and or Engineering/Construction environments ideal
- Proven experience in a similar role